Limerence-M Aurora

• Anyone ever heard of the Chinese Brand Limerence M?  I have and I must say that they are Fantastic.  They are a Chinese brand of Super Luxurious Hosiery and they are Super Silky/Slippery and Soft and VERY Shiny.  They have MANY styles and I think they are just as Amazing as CdR, maybe even better.  I still have to experience them for myself, but based on what I have seen and heard, they are Amazing.  Anyone else here ever seen them or maybe even had some experience with them.  I wonder if Shapings would ever consider adding them to the inventory.  

• I can't speak for Robert, but I'm not sure he would be that interested to deal with a Chinese manufacturer at this point in time.  FWIW, the Chinese, historically, have not offered the same quality and features in their pantyhose products that European companies have.  The yarns just aren't the same as the amazing garments that Europeans, specifically Italians, have been long producing.  The Spanish and Germans have some great hosiery products, too.  Even the Polish brand, Gabriella, has some terrific stuff at an extremely competitive price point, in my personal experience.

I think the only true test would be to put that Limerence brand directly up against the Europeans, and see what comes out of wearing tests, and real life day-to-day experience, as opposed to hearsay and hype on the internet by influencers.  I'm betting, though, that European brands like Oroblu, CdR, Omero, and even Robert's latest offerings here at Shapings, Girardi, (which I have not yet tried myself) would hold their own and probably even surpass the expectations of many who've not, to this point, indulged in some of the better Italian products Robert makes available here at pretty reasonable prices. 

I think, too, that Robert has some current inventory that doesn't sell very regularly, or all that well, and he's likely focusing on tightening up that area of his business, at the moment, than expanding into a new line of Chinese origins.  Robert has a long standing relationship with Italian producers that he has built up over the decades, and my guess is his loyalties remain there.

• Shapings.com
    Shapings.com
    Shapings Admin

Thank you Carrie for your detailed insights and you are correct in many ways.   We have received a wholesale price list from Limerence and for an emample, the Open Crotch regular style would sell for $22.00CAD.   Comparably, the Vidrio Crotchless is selling for $11.99CAD.  We know for sure that CdR is produced under very high standards in an Italian factory under ISO9001 standards which is qute strict when it comes to environmental control standards.   Mainly the discharge of the chemicals used when dying the hosiery.   

I have also looked at their seamlesa and they seem very low waist with the actual sheer area of the tights.  It looks like the panty is mostly made up with the sewn-on waistband in order to wear them.  This is the issue with a true seamless, the yarn needs to be stretchy enough to totally encase your hips and butt in the sheer yarn.    I have a feeling these would slide down or be very uncomforatle to wear having the waistband halfway down your butt.

We have something in the works right now with a new seamless style that is made in a very modern Italian factory and the samples will be my hands this week.  Let's just say, if it is made properly for fit, it will be quite a product.  That's all I'm saying for now.  

Robert

• @Robert Safko Hi Robert.  I wasn't sure how often you are able to look in on the forum, and I sincerely hope I didn't overstep my bounds in offering my thoughts to Hose Addicted with respect to how I perceive Shapings, or certain hosiery products that I'm more familiar with, personally.  I felt, though, that it might have been OK to offer him some background, in lieu of you being able to respond, and a guess as to whether or not his ask might be a reasonable consideration for you and Shapings going forward.  I'm hopeful I didn't step on your toes, nor generate any misinformation in that regard.  Apologies, should that be the case, Robert.  

I'm excited to follow the on-going development of a new product that you may be offering in the near future.  That sounds quite promising.  Staying tuned for "breaking news". 😁

I think you're quite right about a potential Limerence comfort issue.  As you've described them, and provided in the illustrations, I very much see your point in how they may or may not fit ones anatomy in a comfortable and secure way.  Personally, I'd be steering clear of them.  I've previously experienced similar challenges with Hipsters, designed for low rise skirts or crop top wearing.  LOL.  Wardrobe malfunctions are not welcome, thank you very much. 😟

• nice varity of hosiery there carrie 

• @steff cd Thanks.  That's just a small sampling of what I wear.  Stockings to pantyhose and stay ups in between.  A range of price points, mostly midrange, but with Cervin and Gio stockings at the higher end of what I wear, right down to inexpensive Platino stockings.  Oroblu are probably the most expensive pantyhose in that shot, with Gabriella Exclusive 15s on the low end at around $8.50 per pair.  Still, a great pair of pantyhose for everyday wear.  Far better than any domestic brand offerings here in Canada.

• Shapings.com
    Shapings.com
    Shapings Admin

I can say that all our styles of hosiery on our site has been chosen by myself and I study the hosiery quite in depth and I will not allow poor quality to enter our selections.  There is enough great hosiery out there for people to wear and there is no need to offer everything under the sun in order to be the biggest selection in the world, like some sites out there.   We offer a range of pricing but you will always have a wonderful finish on your legs.   The price range is a basis of the types of yarns used, the finishing process, and the cost of overall manufacturing.   

We leave it to our clients to discover the many styles we offer and decide what works for each and their personal hosiery tastes.   That said, you will not be disappointed with any style we have to offer and I put my word on that.  

Robert

Shapings Inc.

• @Robert Safko Hi Robert! May we get an update on the pantyhose you were talking about in this post? :)

"We have something in the works right now with a new seamless style that is made in a very modern Italian factory and the samples will be my hands this week.  Let's just say, if it is made properly for fit, it will be quite a product.  That's all I'm saying for now.  "

• @Robert Safko Good day Robert.  Shapings has always provided great quality pantyhose at a great price.  Your prices are better than the UK site of "thetightspot".  I love your inventory, but I would love better options for men's tights. 

• Limerence-m in Canada is about to launch their newest Aurora line which fixes their previous problem. They will also have an open-crotch variant

New version on the left. Old version on the right.

It will begin selling in about 2 or less weeks they said. This is the most slipperiest pair of pantyhose me and my girlfriend have ever tried on. They are limited to the sizes, as shown. But if this size profile fits your build, you're in for a serious treat.

• @alan f The new one looks much better than the old one. I'm curious about the actual quality and pricing.

• I have a hard enough time selecting a good pair of pantyhose on an English-language website, I will not venture into the Twilight Zone. 

• Chinese hose are just like Chinese tools - use them once and throw them away.  Cheap only goes so far if you lack quality.

• I am sure there are some decent hosiery coming from China. It ain't rocket science after all. We need to keep open minded 😉

• @Tom Woo In terms of pricing, Robert (Shapings) has competitive or superior products from Europe at lower price points than what he'd be able to sell Limerence products for I'm not interested in paying $20 and upwards for Limerance as an experiment.  I think I'll stay with Oroblu, CdR, Trasparenze and Ibici for $20 and under and be guaranteed a great fit and wonderful yarns.

• @Carrie Stuart Hi Carrie, thanks for chiming in 😊 $20 is also my upper limit except for seamless. Shapings is my go-to store for my hosiery needs because of the quality and competitive pricing of European brands. I only paid more for Wolford 😉

If Limerence asks for more I hope they have higher quality or better features. The new Aurora seamless pantyhose looks promising.

• @Tom Woo Honestly, I'm not interested if they ask for a higher price for Limerance.  I'm still not interested.  I don't even care about Wolford and all that hype.  It's beyond ridiculous to be putting out $40 plus for the basic styles Wolford offers  at that price point.  The only products I find myself willing to go beyond the $20 mark is for traditional stockings...Cervin and Gio are my favourites when I splurge on hosiery.  When  I go north of $20 it's hosiery for special occasions only.  There are scant few events that I attend (especially in the non-fashionable western city I live in) where really beautiful hosiery and heels is even appreciated.  That being the case, I certainly am likely not your demographic for Limerance products.

• @Carrie Stuart I'll definitely check out Cervin and Gio. Looks like they are the most expensive brands at Shapings. I would only consider Limerance if Robert decides to carry them Lol.

• I'm just curious where you saw $20 for Limerence-m Aurora. 🤔

• @alan f The price is reasonable, like a pair of CdR Eternos. But how come it looks thicker than CdR Sevilla Libero 15 while it is only 8D? IMO it's not as good as Libero 15.  "Seamless crotchless" is a interesting idea tho.

• 1 / 3