Storing hosiery

• Ive had to check myself on how I was storing my hosiery. Ive come to the conclusion that keeping the packages to store the hosiery in will be the best way to know what pair is what. I have pairs that I really like and forget which ones they are. does anyone else have any thoughts on storing your special things?

• Placing the fine hosiery back into their packages is the very best way to store your hosiery.  They are protected and you know exactly what is in the package when you are choosing a pair to wear.   You will not need to pull them out, stretch them out and guess what you have in your hand.   My opinion, it's the only way you should store them.   

Robert

• i agree , i always put my good hosiery back in their package , great way too keep them organized and protected , as for my everydays not so much 

• I Always place my nylons back in their original package too. Keeps them safe and I can know right away which hose are which.  

• I keep mine, and it's a rather very large collection at this point, in their original packaging well organized in an attractive, wooden cradenza 2x file drawer like a high end hosiery store, yet sometimes after washing, it's gets hard to identifiy the hosiery exactly.  This pic is from a bit ago, to the point where things are over stuffed now, and there are other boxes on my book shelf next to it that have more hose I can't fit. When I get curious about a new brand and style, I tend to buy a couple colors in a size that will fit.

I wish most manufacturers took the time like Wolford and Falke do, to print the style/name on a tag. Trasparenze and some other brands often stitch the name of their brand, etc. sometimes in the panty and that helps. I know this lableing would increase cost, but it would decrease my confusion! 

Oh, what a first world problem to have. Of course, I can go a couple months without washing because I have so many pairs. 😄   But keeping them in their original packaging is also part of the fun for me. It's like I'm a kid again dreaming about the hose I could own when walking by the hosiery display in a department store, drooling over the attractive packaging.  I'm old enough to remember those glorious days of huge hosiery departments.  Whenever I go to Europe, I love shopping in such departments where to some extent, the selection is better than here in the states.  I'd say when I buy hose, the more attractive the packaging is, the more likely I'm excited by the hose.