To Hose or Not to Hose

• @Carrie Stuart All comments (and photos) well taken, Carrie.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

We're living in a society where it is becoming increasingly difficult for men to complement women on their appearances, especially in the workplace.  About the closest I ever come to complementing a women I am already friendly with for wearing pantyhose is by saying, "Oh wow.  You're all dressed up today.  You look very nice."  I always get a big smile and a "Thank you" in response.  If I'm approaching a beautifully dressed women in a hallway, I'll just make eye contact and smile.  That's usually enough to get the same in return, plus maybe a "Hi".  😊

I generally dress better than most men, whether I'm going to work, going to the store, or mowing the lawn.  It takes about as much time, effort, and money to dress well than it does to dress like a slob.  With so many people dressing like slobs these days, the better dressed individuals generally stand out above the rest, and are often considered to be more intelligent and successful.

And I'm very happy to see the list of young beautiful women sporting the "No Pants" clothing trend is growing, with Sofia Vergara (who is no stranger to pantyhose) among the latest.  Quoting from this article (https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sofia-vergara-rocks-no-pants-233031530.html):

"Sofia proves that the no-pants trend will always be in style: pants are out and tights are in!"

I don't expect all women to start dressing like this, but if this trend helps remove the stigma and put women at greater ease in wearing pantyhose, I'm all for it.  👏

• @Carrie Stuart I could tell bare legs from pantyhosed legs from miles away Lol

• @Tom Woo I would agree with that as a general statement.  But under certain lighting conditions and depending upon how well cared for the woman's legs are, it can be difficult to tell at times.  I've seen women with extraordinary legs who are obviously the type of woman who regularly goes for waxing and other body treatments.  The legs on women like that can often look like they've got ultra sheer hosiery on, when in fact they don't.  They look that perfect!!
    Watch some late night TV shows where the guests are celebrities who are known for their "red carpet" grooming standards.  Often those women appear to be wearing hosiery on live tv, but when the camera and angle is just right, it only then reveals that they have, in fact, bare legs.  Obviously, celebs pay big bucks to maintain their public images, so it's no surprise they can obtain fantastic looking legs, even on camera under very revealing harsh studio lighting.

• @Carrie Stuart I haven't seen any women whose bare legs look like wearing sheer hosiery. It would be a interesting test for my eyes Lol. Maybe there are some products they could spray on their legs...

• @JA I don't think you'd necessarily wish that ALL women would dress like this, either.  It's just not a good look for a great lot of women.  I can almost guarantee you, though, that if more women looked like Sofia Vergra, (and other very attractive female celebs) they wouldn't shy away from dressing in more stylish ways that incorporate more use of sheer hosiery and stiletto heels (shoes and boots).  But that's just not the reality for the overwhelming majority of women on the planet.

This current trend (or look) is merely just a blip on the radar screen of fashion.  It's a very small minority of usually very young women (late teens into mid 20s) who can pull this look off well.  Unless you're a celeb who may potentially be photographed by paparazzi or at specific events in the entertainment world, it's extremely unlikely that you'd be opting for a no-pants look as your first choice of attire. (especially if you are 30 years old, or beyond)  As much as some might "want" to try it, the sad truth is few would be able to make it work unless you are one of the very few who has had a committed life style of fitness and nutrition, and still look great after marriage, child birth, and other major life considerations.

• @Tom Woo Yes, there are several product options for legs (and other skin exposed body parts) that offer a "nylon wearing" look.  Those products have been around for decades.  Most celebs go to salons and get it professionally done, usually a day or so before the anticipated photo op or media appearance date.  It's all part of maintaining that "celebrity look" that a lot of mainstream women try to emulate.

• @Carrie Stuart One thing I don't understand is why they spend so much to polish their legs whereas they could spend much less on fine hosiery and achieve much better results 🤣

• @Tom Woo 'Cause it ain't always about money!!
    It's not always about practicality for women.  Obviously that's true when you look at some of the clothes we wear, or some of the hair styles we put up with, to say nothing of make up.

The whole ritual of going to a salon for skin care is another form of self love for a lot of us.  It's a special treat for usually a special occasion.  It's sometimes done in the name of feeling better in our own skin (literally, sometimes).  It's not necessarily about a means to an end. 

I know that might be hard to wrap your head around if you're a guy, but it doesn't at all always come down to practical rationale for a lot of women.  There's almost always an emotional component to why women do things.  The process of going to a salon and feeling pampered is a good part of it...not just the result of smooth, toned, shimmery looking legs.  It's the luxury of feeling (or paying for) cared for by another person.  It's a personal indulgence.  It's a form of stress relief...call it therapy, if you will.

Ya, I know that sounds weird for some guys.  But how does it make you feel when you go for a hair cut and the stylist takes a little extra time and gives you a mini head massage when she applies  conditioner to your hair after shampooing it?  Feels amazing, right?
    Getting ones body (or parts) waxed etc is just another form of pampering.  Do you know many women who don't like to be pampered??
    Simply slipping on a pair of hosiery (no matter how luxe) might not even come close to that emotional trip when compared to what happens at a salon.  But for me, it's one more element that I can do anytime, and not have to book it on line or over the phone.  But it still costs and continues to add up over time, if it is maintained as a lifestyle.  Who is to judge the cost of one method over another?  That's down to the person who is paying for it and receiving the benefits of the activity.

• Love it !! I like the part about the fact that they are sexy, empoowering !

• 2 / 2