I am DYING to meet TEKA

• Hello everyone, my title is a play on words (let me explain). I just started dying my pantyhose to get the color that I want to wear. My favorite color is Teka by Cecilia De Rafael. Teka is a rare color that CDR makes. They have Teka color in the Eterno 15 and other styles but the sizing doesn't work for me. I'm tall with thick thighs and Eterno 15's comes halfway up my butt (even with super stretching). Eterno Lucido 10/20 works perfect for me but they are limited in colors. Now Moreno is a great secondary for me but Teka is my ultimate goal 

So, yesterday I went to buy some fabric dye. Let me say this, I am new to Dying. I've never done this in my life. So, I brought the Rit fabric dye in Cocoa Brown. I did my first batch and I didn't get close to Teka. As a matter of fact I was a small shade darker that Moreno (which is the color I started at). So, back to the drawing board. I quadrupled the dye amount and let it sit longer. This time I got right in between the colors Moreno and Teka (Progress but no cigar). Now, I'm in a situation. I don't think I can get any darker with the color that I am using. So, back to the fabric store today to buy a darker dye (dark brown).

I will post my progress and wish me luck. BTW, dying pantyhose is not hard. 

- Boil water in a pot

- pour the hot water into a separate container

- add the desired dye (maybe a table spoon)

- add the pantyhose

- stir with long spoon or something that won't snag the pantyhose (about 15-30 minutes)

- wash out the dye until no access dye is coming from the pantyhose

- then let dry. Hang dry, you can use the clothes dryer but go low on heat and use a fabric bag to put the pantyhose in

***wear dish washing gloves. Be very careful with the dye solution, it can stain something sensitive. Dye progress

• Update!!! 

I am no longer going to try to dye the pantyhose a darker color. Instead, I'm creating my own color called "Drea" 😁 My Fiance likes the color I created better than Teka.

If you would like the dye recipe from Moreno to Drea color, feel free to reply.

Here are the results from me wearing the hosiery. In some pictures the Teka looks lighter than the Drea color but Teka is actually a tad Darker. BTW, these are Eterno 15's (Teka) and 3Eterno Lucido 20 (Moreno dyed Drea). 

• Save the recipe...

• Very sexy Color 

• VERY nice hose and legs ! mmmmmmm