A beginner in wearing pantyhose in public

• First of all I want to thank all of you here for sharing your experience in wearing in public. Your words made me much more comfortable with my own adventures 🙂

As the title suggests I'm a beginner in wearing pantyhose in public. I used to wear at home or wear underneath my pants outside. I've just started to convert my pants to shorts to show my hosed legs in public at places without much people around (like hiking trails, etc). So far I only got one jogger noticed but quickly passed by. I was a little nervous at the time and not sure if I would do it again. But after reading this forum I decided to carry on Lol.

For the time being I'm wearing L'eggs Sheer Energy STW but the quality is subpar. That's why I ordered myself some CdR Eternos here at Shapings. I just cannot wait to try them on :D

My question is do you guys modify your pantyhose to better suit your needs? I would cut out the gussets to convert my pantyhose to crotchless for convenience (yes, just like @Robert Safko suggested any pantyhose with a gusset could be converted into crotchless...so it's pointless to buy "crotchless" with small openings). Another modification I'm doing is cutting holes in the toe area to make them into leggings, that way I could wear them multiple times without washing. But I doubt I would be willing to do that to those gorgeous CdRs 😂

Thoughts? Thanks!

• P.S. Even the lowly L'eggs Sheer Energy Nude pantyhose look so glossy and beautiful under the 🌞

I can't wait to see how my CdR Eternos look with a fair amount of sunshine 😍

• Hi Tom. When you cut the toe area of your pantyhose do you not have runs working their way up your legs?

If I plan to wear pantyhose with shorts and do errands and such, I find a very sheer Matt hose is the best those occasions. If you can, try finding double covered yarn hose. They are,I find, far more durable. Have fun and dont worry about being noticed. Nobody really cares.

• Hi Steph, I found there won't be runs if I cut holes at the toe area before putting the pantyhose on. At first I cut the holes right after putting them on and sometimes there were some runs. But I only tested with cheap L'eggs. I wouldn't ruin more expensive ones this way Lol.

I have wear in public 3-4 time now, some people did notice, a girl stared a little at my legs (perhaps because they were quite shiny under the sun), but like you said nobody really cares.

• Hello Tom Woo, go back to the "Shapings Main Discussion Forum" and find a post that is titled "Adding A Crotch Opening To Pantyhose", maybe that will help. Thanks 

• I Have also started wearing panthose outside with shorts when walking my dogs in the colder weather here .

Although i am wearing opaque wolford velvet de lux 50 with another layer of oroblu 2o denier pantyhose to give a total opaque look and a bit of shine.I have had people walk by me and cars going by and nobody bats an eye although they could be taken as a mens base layer tights by people but it easier to pull it off without getting unwanted attention and it is a lovly silky sensation when walking and nice andd warm.

i you want a barley there pantyhose which i have worn early mornings out with the dogs in a nude colour where they are really hard to notice if you are or arnt wearing pantyhose get a pair of Oroblu pearl 15 in nude or which ever colour is closest to you skin.These are super smooth and stretchy like a velvet second skin feeling and are really hard wearing for being so thin.honestly they feel fantastic and are barley noticable you are wearing them.