What's the difference between double covered lycra and 3D ?

• Reaching out to the hosiery experts out there ! I've been wearing for most of my life (and that's 40+ years !), and fancy myself a conniseur of different brands and styles of pantyhose, but this one stumps me - what's double covered lycra, and what's the difference between it and so called 3D ??!!

Cheers,

Alex

• Shapings.com
    Shapings.com
    Shapings Admin

Hello Alex,

Here is an explanation for double covered lycra.

Double-covered yarns are created by wrapping two Fulgar polyamide strands around the LYCRA® fibre, one in a clockwise direction and the other in an anticlockwise direction. Parallel or textured polyamide yarns can be used to create the double covering. Double-covered yarn is used for the high-end and top-quality clothing, lingerie and hosiery markets.

3D lycra is a different type of weaving and is usually loaded with Lycra with the yarn with wonderful stretch quality in all directions providing very good cling and body forming functioning.  

Here is a good article showing the tech on the yarn.

https://www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article/1715/3-d-fabrics-an-overview

Double covered yarn is a very high quality yarn and when we mention it in the product description you will know you will have a great fitting, smooth, fit rebound and anti-pull pair of pantyhose.  They do have an increased cost but you will love the feeling and look of these fine pieces of legwear.

Robert

• Thank you Robert! That's a great explanation. Clinginess is a key factor in my purchases. I do have many different pairs of pantyhose with double covered Lycra but what brands and styles come with 3D in your stock ?

• @Robert Safko   I hear people mention they are a RHT lover. What does RHT mean ? Thanks.

• @Kelly Spann Reinforced Heels & Toe

• @Alex @hunterloveshose mostly silk stocking vintage reinforced heel and toe   very  sexy thin fine silky stockings mom used to wear lol