Vintage Stockings

• Love, love LOVE the vintage stuff! I've got some boxes stashed away; so delicious to wear, but I tend to save them for special occassions. So delicate and easy to ruin...

And, the other day was a very fortunate day for me... As I was going through my pantyhose drawer, I found a pair of actual pantyhose that are 100% nylon and feel exactly the same as vintage stockings! I don't know when or where I added these to my collection, but I'll be sure to keep these somewhere safe from here forward 😋

• @cremebrulee121 ❤ The pair that you are modeling in the last photo are classic vintage in appearance.  I remember them well from having no other options in the 1970s when I was in high school and wearing pantyhose with my skirts and school tunic and uniform.  They looked nice but within an hour they were bagging everywhere your legs had a curve...knees, ankles.  Back then, they weren't sized or shaped very well...at least the pantyhose weren't.  The "one size fits all" marketing strategy didn't hold true for a lot of girls.
    Shapings sells at least one brand and style that very much resemble what I used to buy at drugstores and grocery stores for between $.99 and $1.79.  They are made by Hudson and are 100% nylon with both a control top and reinforced toes.  I've bought them a few times for a fun, inexpensive alternative to nylon/lycra styles, and because I like the look of 100% nylon legs...they seem much more transparent or sheer than their blended cousins.  Because I also wear genuine 100% nylon stockings fairly regularly, I'm quite familiar and comfortable with how they feel and look on me.  The bonus is the Hudson Lilly Lafina 15 come in a 2 pack and are only $13.

https://www.shapings.com/products/lilly-lafina-15-pantyhose

• @cremebrulee121 ❤ For a higher end pair of pantyhose that are 100% nylon, these are a beautiful luxurious treat.  They fit and feel like premium 100% nylon stockings, but incorporate the convenience of pantyhose.  I've purchased these several times and really love how they look on the leg and how well they fit.  A single pair will run you just under $15 but if you're like me and usually buy over half a dozen pairs of different styles and brands per order, you'll get them for 15% less than the posted price.

https://www.shapings.com/products/ibici-15-pantyhose?variant=32591163752514

• @Carrie Stuart thank you so much for the suggestions!! I love the look and feel of vintage nylon, and what's more... I love pantyhose. So, combining the two is like a total no brainer for me! I'm going to be ordering both! ❤

Thanks a bunch, Carrie! 💋

• @cremebrulee121 ❤ There is another pantyhose brand and style available if you love the feel and look of vintage in your pantyhose choices.  I don't know your preferences with respect to sheerness or denier, so these may or may not be an option for you, as well.
    They are a 30 denier pantyhose with the legs made of 100% nylon with a very small percentage of lycra included in the panty part of the garment.  They offer both reinforced toes as well as the classic reciporcated heel for a better fit and that classic old school stocking look.
    I've not personally bought them only because I rarely wear 30 denier or higher, but they would be on my list for a vintage pantyhose feel and look if I did.  I do, however, own a pair of this brand's stockings in 30 denier that incorporate that classic look and feel.  They are very durable even if I don't find the increased opacity in the legs to meet my usual preference for aesthetics.  They've been in my collection for quite a while now but might have only seen a few wearings.

These are the pantyhose style if you are OK with 30 denier.
    https://www.shapings.com/products/sefora-30-pantyhose

• Thank you Carrie! I'm more of a 10 - 15 denier kind of girl, but for the price, this may be worth adding to the collection just for the sake of having them! I'll check these out too! ❤

• @Carrie Stuart Hello Carrie. Do you still have any vintage pantyhose or stockings that you occasionally wear? The materials and nylon yarns were much better and of higher quality than what they use today.