Glossy pantyhose and stockings

• What were the 2 layers?

• Cecilia de Rafael Eterno 20 super lucido pantyhose in moreno shade and oil shiny thigh high stay-ups in black from eBay. 

• Here's a little better picture. The stockings were cheap, like 9 bucks or less. They do shine though. 

• @PB Thanks for the prompt comeback.  Another question, if I may?  Did the stay ups actually stay up well?  Did you walk around much like that?
    I rarely layer but in the cold weather I have done so, in the past.  I've either only layered 2pair of pantyhose or gartered stockings over pantyhose for a very sleek look.  But I've been fearful of layering stayups over pantyhose because I'm not confident the silicon bands will adhere very well to the slippery nylon/lycra pantyhose underneath.

• @PB Overall, they are a bit too opaque for what I would want...even on their own!  I usually only layer a max of 15 denier each but usually go with a 10 denier pantyhose and 100% nylon stockings on top because nylon compared to nylon/lycra blends is much sheerer, denier to denier.  Even 20 denier nylon stockings is incredibly sheer looking...much more so than pantyhose of 20 denier.

• I did walk around in heels and the stay-ups did not stay up for long. The pantyhose will slide down as well but it takes a little longer. It looks great but it's not practical. You'll be pulling them up about every 15 steps.

• @PB LoL...that's not an option.  I'm thinking if you were to layer them with the stay ups and the band against your skin and pantyhose on top, you'd have better luck with things staying put.  But then, the effect would be totally different, too.
    I always keep my looks natural.  I go with a very sheer 10 denier nude shade pantyhose and then choose my stockings over the top so as any visible thigh appears to be my own skin but incredibly smooth.  I don't like shine as a base look as it just doesn't look natural for me.  But I mix it up on top because it will be obvious that I'm wearing stockings anyway.  A lot of women try to disguise that they're wearing hosiery at all, for some strange reason.  But I'm not one of them, and I don't always try to get an exact skintone match when I'm just wearing a single layer of pantyhose, for example.  I'm not afraid of negative comments or looks from other women who have a hate on for pantyhose.  They're the ones who look improperly dressed or a bit skanky with their bare legs...not I.  😁

• Yeah, with the stockings under the hose that may work but, as you pointed out, the look would be totally different. I just perfer the stockings on top, I really love that look. And good on you for wearing hose, stockings, and garters, those are real eye catchers for sure. And as far as the haters, they can just move right on down the road....

• @PB Thank you.  I pay them no mind but I do notice it when it happens.  Have you ever seen women give another woman a total look down from top to bottom and then they focus on some area they don't agree on with respect to what you're wearing?  And then they make eye contact to see if you caught their non-verbal message.  Pfffft....I just smile and stare them down.  I'm old enough to know not to engage with women who have no taste, or are hating for some political reason.  Wearing pantyhose has been linked to male oppression of women by ardent feminists.  Yes, you read that right.  Can you even imagine how they connect those dots??  Wow.
    It's fashion and it's what women like do to please themselves.  If I like the look I see in the mirror, that's what counts...not some validation or a down vote from a total stranger.

• Wow, well said! Actaully I've never seen/witnessed a one woman giving another woman "the look down" except in movies or TV. However I can see it being a showdown of sorts. You sound like a stronge person that is confident and secure, good for you. From all of us pantyhose lovers, we salute you! 

• Thank you.  I guess I learned how to be strong during my 20 odd year career dealing with the public.  I wasn't always the confident woman I am today, especially before I hit my mid 30s.  After a while you just stop trying to be a "pleaser" and you start living life on your OWN terms.  It only grows from there.  And when you realize that your judgement and choices have been mostly right all along, you tend to discount the noise you hear from nay sayers who hold no currency in your life anyway.  But that takes time to realize and that's the unfortunate part of it for most people.  Just the same, it's good to arrive and be there so you can help others understand it, and live happier lives themselves.

• Your pictures are beautiful. The two layers gives your legs a very lovely sheen!

• How about the white stockings? Of course they too are not very practial but they do go well will the pantyhose. 

• @PB White is a definite NO from me.  Final answer.

• I think your white stockings look nice young lady.

• Thanks Jackie! I like the shine.